Saturday, March 2, 2013

Getting Paid To Blog - Update



Tonight I am up late and happy. I have a new contact that is paying me to blog and include on link per post for them. Each post they are paying me $100.


It all adds up and seeing I love writing, it is being paid to play as they say. As my other blog has moved beyond a hobby, I now how to keep track of all the payment and items I am sent to review. Payments alone for January 2013 where over $500 and this month will be more, and next month even better still.


My issue now is making sure I have enough non-link posts between each paid link post to balance it all out and keep a good PR ranking. The main blog is a PR3 and has been for over 6 month now. The higher the PR, the more one should be paid. PR2 is thought to be a good PR for blogs for 3 is even better. I wonder if I will ever get to PR4 though.


So far so good. I still taking smaller writing jobs, for a few special people as low as $15 but by summer I will raise my fees for even Guest Posts and see how that goes. I know what my blog is worth and I hope they can understand that too.


Don't let yourself get taken advantage of! 

I was in contact with a new company and they offered $15 and I let them know I am happy to take higher paying jobs. They let me know that many bloggers post for free as they want the article. I let them know that those bloggers don't know they are being taken advantage of and companies that do so are looked at in a negative light. I don't expect to be hearing back from them. If you here from oneincomedollar@yahoo.ca Be sure to make sure your taking an offer that is fair to you and all the work you put into your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment